Monday, February 15, 2010

Food, Inc. Movie

I found the movie to be very enlightening. I wasnt aware of the fact that only a couple of major corporations control most of the processed food supply in the US. I was also somewhat surprised that the food that we get from the grocery store is sometimes the same food that fast food companies use in their products. One of the things that struck me was the amount of money that some people go through just to have their own farm. The woman who spoke about how chickens were farmed really shed some light on this topic. The food companies have bullied many people into silence. I was amazed at this. I also found the situation with the farmer being sued by the food companies for washing seeds was very interesting. This man was trying to make a living, trying to make a couple of bucks, and this major food corporation basically took all he had from him. They werent scared to go after his friends and their businesses either. This movie made me think twice about what I buy at the grocery store and when I go to fast food establishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment